Andy Lawrence, Vice President of Research for Datacentre Technologies and Eco-Efficient IT, 451 Research, is this year’s conference chair at the Datacentre Executive Summit taking place 20 October at the Waldorf Hilton in London. Andy specializes in datacentre efficiency, market evolution and automation, from both technical and economic points of view. He has an interest in the convergence of IT and energy technologies, both in the datacentre and beyond. Andy works closely with the Uptime Institute, part of The 451 Group, reviewing innovations and trends for members.
EM360 caught up with Andy to discuss the summit further (audio length 6 min 11 sec)
At this year’s Summit, experienced datacentre owners, operators and managers will share their thoughts with 451 Research’s top datacentre and cloud analysts, joined by the leadership of the Uptime Institute. Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss:
• Privacy, Brexit and other major events affecting the datacentre industry.
• The impact of cloud on connectivity, scale and automation.
• Best and latest practices in datacentre management, led by the Uptime Institute.
• Resiliency and the impact and opportunities of cloud.
• Directions in automation and DCIM, including integration with business systems.
• New and emerging technologies in architecture and power distribution, including Open Compute.
• Edge of network, Internet of Things and micro-datacentres.
To request an invite to this senior IT enterprise executive-only audience, please follow this link.